query: innovative anti-violence groups

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sat Oct 18 13:26:13 CDT 2008

[ed: thanks to Mary and Andy for responses to Melissa's query.]

From: mochs143 at aol.com

Campaign Against Violence (CAV) in Milwakee, primarly a youth organizing
effort affiliated with the League of Young Voters is a great group to
contact.
Mary

*************************

From: "Andrew Mott" <andymott at communitylearningproject.org>

Very interesting antiviolence/community-building work is being done in
other countries.  One major source of information about that is the
Institute of Development Studies at the University of Sussex in
England.  John Gaventa of IDS -- former Director of the Highlander
Center and U of Tennessee Community Partnership Center -- directs an
applied research/action program on these issues in several developing
countries. He can be reached at j.gaventa at ids.ac.uk

Andy Mott

Andrew Mott, Director

Community Learning Partnership