job: academic, City University of New York, no salary info

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 8 19:51:04 CDT 2008

From: "celina su" <celinasu at gmail.com>

Folks with interdisciplinary lenses of analysis and interests in
community organizing/ development would feel welcome in our department.
The posting doesn't have salary info, but here are our union's latest
salary schedules: http://www.psc-cuny.org/SalarySchedules07-10.pdf.pdf

All best,
Celina

Brooklyn College, City University of New York

The department of political science seeks candidates for a
tenure-track assistant professor position beginning September 1, 2009.
 We are seeking candidates who use quantitative methods in their own
research; who can teach statistics, advanced statistics, and other
methods courses; and who can develop advanced undergraduate and
graduate courses in quantitative research design and analysis on
topics of interest to the candidate and/or students.  Candidates'
subfield may be in American politics, public policy, comparative
politics, or international relations.  We are especially interested in
candidates conducting quantitative research in any of the following
areas: race and ethnicity, labor and political economy, gender and
sexuality, immigration, human rights, health policy and/or urban
politics.  The successful candidate is also expected to work
collaboratively with faculty and students on Brooklyn-focused survey
research projects, including a current project on HIV in NYC, and on
other new curricular and programmatic initiatives.  Ph.D. in political
science or related social science discipline is required.

With a long tradition of educating first-generation immigrants and
people of color, Brooklyn College is part of the City University of
New York, a leading academic research institution and the largest
urban public university in the country.  We are therefore seeking
applicants who are committed to undergraduate and graduate education
at a public, urban institution that serves a highly diverse student
body. Candidates from underrepresented and protected populations are
encouraged to apply.

Candidates should submit letter of application, CV, publication or
writing sample, three letters of recommendation, and evidence of
teaching experience such as syllabi or teaching evaluations. Review of
applications will begin October 15 and continue until position is
filled.  Materials should be sent to Denise Flanagan, Human Resources
Services, Brooklyn College, 2900 Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11210.
Brooklyn College is an AA/EO/IRCA/ADA employer.