query: International Health Organizing, and illiterate peoples' organizing?

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Thu Oct 2 11:43:30 CDT 2008

[ed:  thanks to Lisa for responding to Caitlin's query.]

From:
"Lisa Veneklasen" <lvk at justassociates.org>

Seeing your note, I wondered whether you've seen the fantastic series
distributed by the Hesperian Foundation that began with "Where there is no
Doctor" -- tried and tested over 30 years. They have lots of great popular
education materials that can be adapted for illiterate communities. Check
out their website --

Lisa VeneKlasen
Executive Director
Just Associates