New Book: Identify work in Social Movements

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Thu Oct 2 11:28:06 CDT 2008

[ed:  apologies to Betty for the delay in getting her reply out.
Discussion welcome.]

From: "Betty G. Robinson" <bgrobinson at verizon.net>

Hi Randy, et. al., thanks for the note about this new book.

I looked at this table of contents and unless I am not seeing correctly
what is included in the essays, I did not see a single essay on the
civil rights movement.  How could they not have an analysis of this all
important movement which would help us understand the demands of an
oppressed group which sought to transform its "identity"  in the process
of the movement and also made significant contributions to the women's
and gay movements?
Betty G. Robinson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Discussion list for COMM