Journal of Community Power BUilding, Vol. IV

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 26 09:27:10 CDT 2008

[ed:  thanks to Warren for the description of NHS's work in Baltimore.
Others are welcome.]

From: "Warren Nelson" <wnelson at nhsbaltimore.com>

Here in Baltimore, we do a training for neighborhood associations we
work with called "Receivership" whereby an association can apply to
acquire abandoned property if they can show they have the wherewithal to
develop the property.  Another training we do is called "Sharing Power"
based on a training done by a local IAF organization called BUILD
(Baltimoreans United for Leadership Development).

Warren Nelson

Community Organizer

Neighborhood Housing Services of Baltimore

4115 Frederick Avenue

Baltimore, MD 21229-

(410) 644-1904 ext.14

(C) (410) 818-7076