jobs: mental health organizing, Virginia, no salary info

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sun Mar 16 18:04:49 CDT 2008

From: jobs at vocalvirginia.org

Job Openings at Mental Health Disability Rights Organization

VOCAL is a statewide nonprofit organization dedicated to mental health
empowerment, recovery, and peer leadership in Virginia. VOCAL is
designed, led and governed by people with psychiatric histories. We are
pleased to announce two job openings:

Program Director and Organizational Consultant for Grassroots Groups. We
are seeking a Program Director for the VOCAL CO-OP program. The CO-OP is
a collective of grassroots, peer-run mental health programs that are
designed and led by people with mental illness. Our member programs
include drop-in centers, advocacy groups, employment training programs,
support groups, recovery centers, and more. We are seeking candidates
who care about mental health disability rights; enjoy helping strengthen
grassroots, social justice groups; and have experience helping nonprofit
programs grow and flourish. 20 hrs/week, includes benefits. Find out
more at: http://vocalvirginia.org/Jobs.htm

Administrative Coordinator for Mental Health Empowerment Organization.
We are seeking an Administrative Coordinator who cares about mental
health recovery; has administrative experience and skills; and can
collaborate to create a warm, welcoming and productive office
environment. 20 hrs/week, includes benefits. This position is located in
Charlottesville. Find out more at: http://vocalvirginia.org/Jobs.htm

More about VOCAL:

VOCAL is a statewide nonprofit organization. We run three statewide
programs:

VOCAL Network - Education, advocacy, empowerment. VOCAL Network, founded
and run by people with mental illness, connects people to people and
works to improve Virginia's Mental Health Services. www.vocalnetwork.org.

REACH - Recovery Education & Creative Healing. REACH promotes
self-discovery and self-appreciation through improving life skills, and
investing in personal recovery. www.reachvirginia.org

VOCAL CO-OP - Consumer Owned & Operated Programs. The CO-OP is a
collective of peer-run mental health programs in Virginia. Programs
include drop-in centers, warm lines, advocacy groups, employment
centers, and more. www.vocalsupportcenter.org