FCCP: Participate in a Voter Engagement Infrastructure Survey

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 4 19:03:09 CST 2008

From: Kathy Partridge <interfaithfunders at yahoo.com>

Hello!  This email is coming to you on behalf of the Funders' Committee
for Civic Participation (FCCP), an affinity group for funders who
support organizations carrying out non-partisan civic participation
work. FCCP is conducting the following voluntary, confidential survey in
an effort to identify common needs across organizations.  While FCCP
believes in supporting activities that fall under the broader heading of
non-partisan civic participation (community organizing, issue advocacy,
voter participation), this particular survey focuses on the
infrastructure needed to carry out certain specific voter participation
activities, such as voter registration, voter education, and voter
turnout work.

Here's the link to the survey:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=_2bGd0AV2SsVfLSs3uQU_2bf4g_3d_3d

We all share the common goal of increasing voter participation, but we
realize that factors such as organizational structure, training, and
technology can greatly impact a non-profit organization's ability to
achieve its goals.  Perhaps through this survey we will identify common
capacity-building and infrastructure needs that funders can help
address, in this or future years.  Please be assured that there are no
wrong answers.  We appreciate your willingness to communicate your needs
to us so that we may be better partners with your organization in
achieving your goals.
A Note about Confidentiality:  In March 2008, FCCP staff will be
analyzing the results of the survey and will share a report in April of
the aggregated results with the members of the FCCP.  None of the
answers will be attributed to a particular organization unless that
organization gives us specific permission when answering this survey.
We will, however, be listing the names of all the organizations who
participated in the survey.  We hope this confidentiality provision
encourages you to participate, and candidly!
You can preview the questions in this survey by looking at the document
that should have been attached to this email.  We ask questions about
your organization's budget, finances and structure that you may want to
research a little before getting on-line.  Also, we encourage you to ask
your individual chapters, affiliates, partner organizations and
colleagues who engage in voter participation work to complete the survey
as well.
Thanks!