Progressive Technology Project Database Training Registration closing soon

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sun Feb 24 10:56:59 CST 2008

From: "Arif Mamdani, Progressive Technology Project"
<Arif_Mamdani_Progressive_Technol at mail.vresp.com>

Hi ,

We realize that many organizers are not too excited about going to
technology training. Probably because you think it’s going to be dull
and impossible to understand. Or maybe that the thought of spending days
with geeks is more than you can bear.

That’s not what happens at a PTP training. We have fun. You’ll have fun
-- and you’ll learn a lot. What you learn will change your organization.
It may even change your life!

Here’s what organizers tell us:

“We want to thank you all for the technical support and training and
just your supportive solidarity as we have gone through two major
enhancements of our technological capacity.”

“Thank you for a wonderful week of learning. You were all fabulous
teachers, full of respect, patience, excitement and a dedication to
social change and community organizing”

“Please forgive for taking so long to send thanks […]. I got so much
individual help as well as nicely paced group help for my computer needs.”

There’s just over a week before registration closes for PTP’s Community
Organizing, Database and Planning COaTI and Scholarships are still
available – see our scholarship info here.

What’s a COaTI? COaTI (co-AH-tea) – our Community Organizing and
Technology Institute is PTP’s main training program, designed to
increase your organization’s ability to use technology more effectively
in your work.

The first COaTI covers Databases, and Technology Assessment and
Planning. If you’re new to using a database to support your organizing
work, or are interested in learning more about what’s possible with
databases and how they integrate into your organizing work, this is the
training for you. Because database work can also lead to a desire for
improved data or technology, we’re building in a Technology Assessment
and Planning component to this COaTI as well. You can view a sample
agenda and get more information here.

The database COaTI kicks off our 2008 training season, but it isn’t the
only training you can register for – go to
http://www.progressivetech.org/ to learn about our Voter Tech Training,
TechCamp, and Communications COaTI.

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions you have. If
you’re not sure about getting a scholarship, go ahead and register
anyway – if it turns out you don’t receive a scholarship, cancelling
your registration is easy.

Registration for the Community Organizing Database and Planning COaTI
closes February 29th. Register today at
http://www.progressivetech.org/Program/Training/course_application.htm

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this
message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the
following link: Unsubscribe
Progressive Technology Project
2801 21st Avenue S, Suite 132E
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55407