query: training materials for parent organizing for school change

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Thu Feb 7 09:30:11 CST 2008

[ed:  please feel welcomed to copy COMM-ORG with responses to Naomi's
query.  A bit from me below.]

From: Naomi Milstein <nmilstei at yahoo.com>

Hello Co-listers,

I'm a community advocacy coordinator in Indianapolis working with
parents and students to organize for school reform.  I'm helping to put
together a curriculum focused on tools/resources/strategies to
strengthen parent organizing for school change. It would be for a
training for parents new to organizing.

Does anyone have similar curricula that you would be willing to share?
Or do you know of other resources or organizations I could contact to
gain insight on putting this curriculum together?

Thanks so much!!

Naomi

[ed:  the COMM-ORG training page, http://comm-org.wisc.edu/train.htm,
and the education organizing page, http://comm-org.wisc.edu/ed.htm, may