query: difference between coalitions and partnerships

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Thu Nov 8 22:00:14 CST 2007

[ed:  thanks to David for replying to Kevboy's query.]

From:  "David Chavis" <DChavis at capablecommunity.com>

Coalitions and partnerships are generally treated in research and
practice literature as the same, a form of collaboration collaborations.
There are no uniform uses of these terms. I believe it is largely a
matter of connotation for most groups.

David