job: senior organizer, New York, with salary info

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 6 20:18:40 CST 2007

From: "JOHN M. BEAM" <beam at fordham.edu>

I would like to commend the folks at JFREJ for writing "salary
commensurate with experience (or $40-42K)," which acknowledges a
generally ignored reality that experience is much more difficult to
evaluate than are the limitations of an organization's budget.  It
suggests to applicants an organizational value placed on honesty and
helps the organization limit applications to folks who  are making a
more informed decision about wanting to sign on for an organization's
mission.  Thanks.

John M. Beam