Job: Executive Director Neighbor to Neighbor MA, with salary info

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 13 20:06:28 CDT 2007

From: Allison Kennedy <allison at n2nma.org>

**Hello,
We're conducting a national search to find a new Executive Director. We
hope to find a new leader with experience in planning, supervision,
grassroots organizing, coalition building, and elections, and someone
who cares about economic justice issues and building a grassroots social
movement led by low-income people of color and immigrants. We also see
this opening as a tremendous opportunity to diversify the senior
management team of an organization that is multi-racial and multi-cultural.

*JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR*

* *

*_About Neighbor to Neighbor Massachusetts (N2N-MA)_*

N2N-MA has been building political power in low-income communities since
1995. With chapters in Lynn, Salem, Worcester, Leominster/Fitchburg,
Holyoke, and Springfield, we are a statewide economic justice
organization that uses grassroots organizing, leadership development,
voter registration and education, electoral campaigns, and legislative
lobbying to build power in low-income, working class communities. The
Working Family Agenda – good jobs, education and training, affordable
child care, health care and housing, a welfare safety net, and
progressive taxation – is the cornerstone of our program. N2N-MA also
helps build coalitions with labor unions, immigrants’ rights groups, and
other progressive organizations to win elections, hold politicians
accountable, and work towards a progressive majority in the
Massachusetts Legislature. Recent victories include the highest minimum
wage in the country and universal health care bill. Visit us at
www.n2nma.org <http://www.n2nma.org>

*_Duties of the Executive Director_*

· Work with the Board, staff, and membership to develop plans and
strategies to strengthen low-income political power in Massachusetts and
win the campaigns that our members prioritize.

· Develop the capacity of our low-income Board and local chapters to
make key decisions and monitor the progress of the organization,
including time in the field doing work on the ground with organizers and
volunteers.

· Supervise the Directors of Leadership Development and Grassroots
Organizing, Campaigns and Coalition Building, and Fundraising and
Administration. Meet regularly with the Directors for priority setting
and accountability. Ensure that each staff person has a work plan.
Ensure that supervision throughout the organization is regular and
involves mutual support and feedback. Ensure that the staff participates
in all major decisions. Prioritize staff development.

· Take a lead in major donor, foundation, and union fundraising. Network
for new prospects and expand donor base. Monitor the fundraising and
cash flow to ensure the financial health of N2N-MA and our internally
housed 501(c)4 electoral coalition. Ensure compliance with IRS
regulations concerning c-3s, c-4s, and PACs.

· Speak for N2N-MA with key allies, donors, media, and national
organizations.

*_ _*

*_Qualifications_*

· Articulates vision of what unity and political power can mean for all
working families.

· Demonstrated results in leadership development and grassroots
organizing in low-income communities. Experience in building
multi-racial, multi-cultural organizations, where women and immigrant
leaders play a major role.

· Demonstrated results in planning and supervision. Strong
administrative & computer skills.

· Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Bi-lingual
Spanish/English preferred. Fluency in other languages spoken in the
communities where we work a plus.

· Experience working with labor unions and in coalitions.

· Experience in grassroots electoral and issue campaigns.

· Diplomatic skills.

· Comfortable and enthusiastic about fundraising. Major donor experience
a plus.

· Ability to give and receive feedback. Values, facilitates, and
encourages the full participation of a diverse staff.

*_Salary and Benefits_*

Salary range is high 50s to low 70s DOE. Benefits include fully paid
health insurance coverage, paid sick time, pension plan, flexible
spending account, 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks paid vacation, and comp time.

*_To Apply_*

Send resume and cover letter to Director Search, N2N-MA, 8 Beacon
Street, 4th Floor, Boston, MA 02108; or email search at n2nma.org
<mailto:search at n2nma.org>. No faxes please.

*_Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply._*