job: part-time researchers/writers, telecommutable, no salary info

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sun Jul 8 09:39:29 CDT 2007

From: Windy Cooler-Stith <windy_coolerstith at yahoo.com>

Please forward to people you know would be interested:

Prewitt Organizing Fund (POF) is looking to hire part-time researchers
and writers from all over the country - from all sorts of backgrounds:
academic, legal, media, and organizing. We need thoughtful, competent
and dependable people for vital support in union organizing campaigns,
NGO and non-profit efforts. Applicant must have a computer of her own
and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.

The hourly pay is excellent and is experience based. The work is from
home; this is ideal for students, stay at home parents, freelancers, and
moonlighters. Some training and guidance is available on the job. Often,
one can, at one's own preference, work as little as 5-10 hours a week
for several weeks, or in some cases, work as much as 40 for several
weeks. Researchers always have the ability to opt out of projects in
advance.

This is project based employment, not meant to be a person's sole source
of income. It is not regular enough to become dependent on the income at
this moment. POF is growing rapidly, however, and the periods of being
offered employment are becoming more predictable for our best people --
and as a means of doing great and meaningful work, building one's
resume, making extra income, and building new relationships inside the
labor movement, this is an unbeatable opportunity.

If you are interested in dialoging about what opportunities you might
have at POF, please write to Windy Cooler-Stith at WCStith at gmail.com.
Enclose a resume and explain your interest, skills, and availability in
the text of your email.

This is a really very exciting time to be a part of organized labor. And
this is a great time to join POF. We hope to talk to you soon.

We thought, because we had power, we had wisdom.

~Stephen Vincent Benét