Green Corps Call for Applicants

colist at comm-org.wisc.edu colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Wed Jan 17 10:22:39 CST 2007

From:     Jesse Littlewood <jesse at greencorps.org>

Green Corps 2007-2008 Environmental Leadership Program

Preferred Application Deadline Friday, January 19, 2007. Regional
application deadlines at http://www.greencorps.org.

Apply today!

Green Corps: Our full-time, paid Environmental Leadership Training Program
gives you a year of in-depth training and experience with leading
environmental groups like the Sierra Club, League of Conservation Voters,
and Greenpeace.

Organization. Green Corps is the non-profit Field School for Environmental
Organizing, founded by leading environmentalists in 1992 to identify and
train environmental leaders. Our year-long program includes intensive
classroom training, hands-on experience running urgent environmental and
public health campaigns, and placement in permanent leadership positions
with leading environmental and social change groups.

Training. Our intensive classroom training features workshops such as Global
Warming Strategy, Corporate Accountability Campaigns, Community Organizing
Against Toxic Threats and Effective Media: Messaging and Framing. Workshops
are lead by the nation's top environmental and social change leaders, such
as Adam Ruben, Political Director of MoveOn.org, Bob Bingaman, National
Field Director of Sierra Club, and Ross Gelbspan, climate change expert and
author of The Heat is On and Boiling Point. Our field training puts you on
the front lines of today's most urgent environmental campaigns.

Locations & Dates: Our campaigns take place nationwide. The program begins
in August 2007, with the Introductory Classroom Training in Boston, and
concludes with graduation in August 2008.

Responsibilities. Plan and implement a series of critical environmental
campaigns with groups like Rainforest Action Network, Sierra Club and
Greenpeace. You will secure media coverage, recruit and manage
volunteers/interns, train new leaders, and mobilize grassroots pressure.

Career Development. Our graduates are in high demand and quickly find jobs
working on issues they care about. Upon completion of the training program,
Green Corps will connect you to organizations that are seeking full-time
professional staff. Green Corps' graduates hold leadership positions with
MoveOn.org, Sierra Club, Greenpeace, Global Exchange, Rainforest Action
Network, Natural Resources Defense Council, Friends of the Earth,
ForestEthics, and many other environmental and progressive groups.

Qualifications. We will invite 25 recent college graduates to join Green
Corps in 2007-2008. We are looking for people who are serious about saving
the planet, have demonstrated leadership experience, and want to work for
change over the long haul.

Salary & Benefits. Salary of $23,750. Optional group health care coverage,
paid sick days and holidays, two weeks paid vacation, and a student loan
repayment program for qualifying staff.

Application Process. To apply for Green Corps' 2007-2008 Environmental
Leadership Training Program, fill out our online application. Regional
deadlines, campus interview dates, and online application are at
www.greencorps.org.

Contact. Jesse Littlewood, Recruitment Director, at jobs at greencorps.org, or
617-426-8506.