query: community benefit agreements

colist at comm-org.wisc.edu colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Tue Jan 9 08:53:22 CST 2007

[ed:  thanks to Peter for responding to Jacob's query.]

From: "Peter Dreier" <dreier at oxy.edu>

Good analysis of community benefit agreement (including their predecessors,
community reivestment agreements and living wage laws) are:

Greg Leroy, The Great American Jobs Scam
David Reynolds,  Taking the High Road: Communities Organize for Economic
Change
Gregory Squires, ed.,  Organizing Access to Capital: Advocacy and the
Democratization of Financial Institutions
Jared Bernstein, "The Living Wage Movement: Pointing the Way Toward the
High
Road" http://www.epinet.org/content.cfm/webfeatures_viewpoints
_lw_movement
Robert Pollins and Stephanie Luce, The Living Wage: Building a Fair Economy
Stephanie Luce, Fighting for a Living Wage

Peter Dreier
E.P. Clapp Distinguished Professor of Politics
Director, Urban & Environmental Policy Program
Occidental College
1600 Campus Road
Los Angeles, CA 90041
Phone: (323) 259-2913