query: community benefit agreements

colist at comm-org.wisc.edu colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 8 09:46:29 CST 2007

[ed:  please feel welcomed to copy COMM-ORG with responses to Jacob's
question.  We have had some discussion about CBAs on the list in the
past, and I always it useful to return to good discussions.]

From: Jacob and Sarah Lesniewski <jshm at uchicago.edu>

I'm a grad student at University of Chicago, and I'm working
on a lit review for a professor of mine, seeking to answer
the question "are community benefit agreements neo-liberal."
I'm having some challenge finding critiques of community
benefit agreements as well as trying to gain a historical
perspective of why this tactic or strategy has emerged.  Any
help or direction would be fantastic.

Peace
Jacob Lesniewski