Extreme Makeover for community nonprofit

colist at comm-org.wisc.edu colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 8 09:42:55 CST 2007

[ed:  David is a pass-through for this message.  Please see contact
information at the end of the message.]

From: "David Chavis" <dchavis at capablecommunity.com>

Deadline for this is next Friday, Jan 12.

---------------------

NBC Media Productions is looking for a non-profit organization that needs
renovating to feature on a possible cable TV show - think "Extreme
Makeover Home Edition" for a community facility.   If you know of a
community agency that may fit that description, read on...

WE'RE LOOKING FOR A UNIQUE COMMUNITY CENTER/NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION THAT
NEEDS A MAKEOVER

NBC Media Productions is in the preliminary stages of developing a
television special that may run on a prominent cable network.  We are
looking for non-profit organizations whose public, community spaces need a
renovation.

The concept is to send in a team of designers/carpenters to renovate a
space, such as a local community center.   We're looking for
organizations with unique, uplifting stories whose members help make lives
better. The entire cost of the renovation would be covered by the television
program.

We're hoping there's an exceptional organization - perhaps with an
interesting back story about its founder(s) - or offers a unique
service(s) to its clients.   It would be helpful if there was
significant local community involvement with the organization.

We understand that many organizations are in need of such help... so we
want to stress that this project is still in the research stage.   It
may or may not actually turn into a television program.

If you think your organization's space could use a makeover- and you have an
uplifting, interesting story to tell- then e-mail us at:
makeover at nbcuni.com.   Please include a BRIEF description of what your
organization does, how it was founded, where you are located and your
specific renovations needs.

Also, if appropriate, please include an interesting anecdotal story,
special event or other interesting tidbit about your group.   Again,
though, we ask that you keep your reply as brief as possible.  Be sure to
include a contact name and number so we can get back in contact if we need
more information.

Please understand that we may not be able to get back to everyone that
responds.  Deadline for all applications is Friday, January 12, 2007!

Thank you for your help.

makeover at nbcuni.com