query: teaching organizing in little time

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 19 22:32:56 CST 2007

[ed:  Aaron posts the results of his query.]

From: Aaron Schutz <chutz at uwm.edu>

I was planning to send out a post summarizing and commenting on the
interesting responses I have gotten to my request for ideas about
creating a brief introductory organizing workshop.  But the document got
too long for a post.  So I’ve put two documents up on my website here:

http://www.educationaction.org/introductory-workshop.html

The first document listed is my summary and comments on the posts people
made in response to my request. (The funky formatting was designed for a
plain text post.)

The second document is my own version of a brief workshop, with no
guarantees on its effectiveness.

I’d be interested in hearing any responses if anyone would like to
continue the discussion.

Aaron Schutz
Associate Professor &amp; Chair
Dept. of Ed. Policy &amp; Comm. Studies