NOA gathering

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Fri Dec 14 09:38:26 CST 2007

From: Roberto Martinez <roberto at noacentral.org>

“NOA’s Gathering has convened a generational spread of amazing
organizers from around the country to share stories of our struggles and
strategize for the future.” Mandy Carter, Durham NC

NOA’s Gathering is back! We scheduled Gathering VI, Building a Campaign
Movement, for June 29th-July 2nd, 2008 at the National Labor College in
Silver Spring, Maryland. Staff and the Steering Committee are beginning
preparations already.

Please help organizers get to Gathering VI by joining the National
Organizers Alliance or renewing your dues today! (www.noacentral.org)

The first five Gatherings have created spaces for community and labor
organizers to learn and share, build relationships, celebrate and
strategize. Organizers have come from all regions in the country, from
rural and urban communities, labor, environmental justice and immigrant
communities. We have represented a diversity of age, ethnicity, gender
and sexual orientation.

“NOA’s Gathering has been a space to build relationships, learn from
each other, evaluate our work and strategize for the future.” Quote from
our last survey

Gathering VI will focus some time looking back through the last forty
years of movement building and examine what has worked, what hasn’t and
what we can learn from the past to apply in our struggles for change
today. It will also be a space to dialog and strategize about the nation
we’re building for the next forty years.

To sustain the costs of Gathering VI, NOA has fundraising plans to
gather support from our members, supporters, unions and foundations. We
need $150,000 to make this a successful gathering.

A NOA member has graciously given $5,000 to match gifts from other
members and supporters, to kick-off fundraising for organizers who need
help getting to Gathering VI. Our goal is to raise $10,000 by the end of
2007. Please give a donation of $250, $100, $50 or $35 today!

Thank you,

Tammy Johnson Roberto Martinez
Chair, Gathering VI Planning Committee NOA Deputy Director

NOA Steering Committee