job: Executive Director, Boston, part-time with salary info
Discussion list for COMM-ORG
colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 12 20:28:25 CST 2007
From: Amy Lipka <amy at ohiofairschools.org>
The Organizers’ Collaborative (OC) is seeking an energetic person with
substantial organizing and fund-raising experience. This is a hands-on,
part-time position, involving program administration, fund-raising, and
office management responsibilities. The organization has a strong base
of volunteers, over 300 paid members, good administrative systems, an
active board, and a solid track record in providing an annual nonprofit
technology conference as well as free database software. New leadership
is needed to help the group cement the progress and relationships it has
already built and to develop a stronger financial base for its
operations in the long term. The job involves approximately 15-20 hours
a week and is compensated at $20 to $25 an hour.
The Organizers' Collaborative works to provide social change groups with
proven, easy-to-use technology and support that is specific to the needs
of social change organizers. The organization has three main projects:
(1) Annual Grassroots Use of Technology Conference; (2) Organizational
Divide Initiative (ODI), a training and assistance program for small
under-resourced non-profits; and (3) Organizers Database (ODB),
open-source software for non-profit outreach and donor management.
* To develop OC’s financial and organizational capacity, by
expanding its membership base, identifying additional major
funders, and by pursuing joint projects with partner
organizations. Director will work closely with and take direction
from the Board.
* To build and reconceputalize OC’s existing technology assistance
programs that assists community groups in Greater Boston and help
expand to other communities as part of its Organizational Divide
* To oversee the coordination of the annual Grassroots Use of
* To provide regular communications and outreach to members,
supporters, partners and other interested parties via an expanded
* To work with ODB Project Director, a consultant, tocoordinate ODB
work with other OC projects.
* To supervise interns, volunteers and work-study students.
* Strong ability to network with funders, grassroots groups, and
potential partnering organizations
* Grant writing and event planning experience
* Program development and/or program management experience
* Good verbal and written communications skills
* Facility with basic computer office applications (word processor,
spreadsheet, databases and internet). Familiarity with Quickbooks
accounting software ideal, but not required.
* Ability to supervise interns, volunteers and work-study students
*How to Apply:*
Please send a resume and a letter of interest to OC at jobs at oc-tech.org
<mailto:jobs at oc-tech.org> or by mail or fax. Deadline is December 31,
2007. Please no phone calls.
Address: 14 Beacon St. #707, Boston, MA 02108
Fax number: 617-858-9513
Web site: http://www.organizerscollaborative.org
/The Organizers’ Collaborative is an Equal Opportunity Employer/
More information about the Colist