call for papers: community-based education programs

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 12 20:25:24 CST 2007

From:
LasiewiczN at aol.com

Call for Papers/Articles
Re: The Journal at Crossroads of Learning

We are inviting non-profits and community based tutoring programs to
contribute or submit articles, essays, commentaries or academic research
findings of interest to one-to-one education programs, including
tutoring, coaching and mentor programs. Our publication is free and can
be assessed on the internet.

The Journal is edited by Sheila O'Shea-Resto, a longtime student of
learning, memory and meta-cognitive technique who currently teaches
writing at The University of Massachusetts at Boston. Sheila’s published
work includes feature articles in the professional journal of the
National Tutoring Association, of which she is both a member and a
certified Master Level Tutor, and, most recently, a book, published by
the National Tutoring Association entitled “The “SOS” Binder System”

I've pasted in two links of recent articles that might be of interest to
Comm-org. Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Regards,
Nalini Lasiewicz
www.crossroadsoflearning.com/journal
818 249-9692 xt 1

Recent articles:

Is Your Volunteer Tutoring Program as Effective As It Could Be? Research
Reveals "Best Practices" Behind Successful Tutoring Programs
http://crossroadsoflearning.com/journal/?p=111

TechNotes- Organizers - Chalksite
http://crossroadsoflearning.com/journal/?p=66