NYC--Organizing Across Borders for Immigrant Rights:

colist at comm-org.wisc.edu colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Thu Apr 19 22:11:26 CDT 2007

From: Movement for Justice in El Barrio
<movementforjusticeinelbarrio at yahoo.com>

Organizing Across Borders for Immigrant Rights:

NYC Immigrants in the Zapatista’s “Other Campaign”

Movement for Justice in El Barrio is a immigrant led grassroots
organization fighting for immigrant rights and against gentrification in
El Barrio (East Harlem) and is part of the Zapatista-initiated “Other
Campaign.” The predominantly Mexican membership believes that the
struggle for immigrant rights must include efforts to transform Mexico
to end the massive forced migration caused by neoliberalism.

As part of the “Other Campaign,” we will screen our video message to the
Zapatistas and a message from Subcomandante Marcos reflecting on the
immigrant struggle here in the U.S.

PLEASE JOIN US AT OUR FUNDRAISER FOR “THE OTHER CAMPAIGN” IN NYC!!

ORGANIZING ACROSS BORDERS FOR IMMIGRANT RIGHTS
THURSDAY, MAY 2 AT 7 PM
BLUESTOCKINGS BOOKSTORE
172 Allen Street (between Stanton and Rivington)
Take the F train to 2nd Avenue stop and or the J, M, or Z train to Essex
/ Delancey Street stop.