query: getting access to schools

colist at comm-org.wisc.edu colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Tue May 30 08:20:53 CDT 2006

[ed:  thanks to Jeri for replying to Herb's query.]

From: "Jeri Schneider" <jeris at umich.edu>

Herb and everyone,

I just got this today--Michigan Peaceworks, based in Ann Arbor, just
released a new 21 page publication called "Inspiring Youth Activism: A
'how-to' reference guide for peace activists seeking to initiate and
nurture a youth peace network," by Tony Morgan, Phillis Engelbert, and
Laura Russello, available for download at
http://www.michiganpeaceworks.org/youth_manual.html. It is based on
successful youth peace groups organized in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti
(Michigan) and includes chapters on Assembling a Youth Outreach Team,
Holding a Youth Peace Summit, Achieving Diversity in the Youth Peace
Movement, and Reforming Schools' Policies for Opting Out (of Military
Recruiters' Databases).

Please add this publication to the other resources for youths organizing
for peace around the country.

Jeri