job: field director, DC
colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Tue May 30 08:13:23 CDT 2006
From: "McKee, Cassandra" <cmckee at usaction.org>
USAction and its sister organization USAction Education Fund (USAEF) are
seeking a full-time field director. USAction, a national progressive
grassroots organization with over three million members and statewide
affiliates in twenty-four states, works to mobilize citizens around a
wide-range of progressive issues, including health care, public
education, consumer rights, democracy reform, and voter participation.
USAEF provides information, training, and technical assistance to
grassroots organizations working on these issues.
The field director will work closely with the national program staff to
design and execute USAction’s and USAEF’s campaigns. S/he will be one of
six field directors providing direct support to USAction affiliates and
USAEF partner organizations. This is an ideal opportunity for someone
with both organizing and training experience. For more information about
USAction and USAEF, please visit www.usaction.org.
· Contribute to the planning and shaping of USAction and USAEF’s issues
and elections program.
· Assist state partners in 4-6 states with developing strategic issue
and civic engagement campaign plans, as well as capacity-building.
· Work with the assigned states to implement the national program in
targeted states and Congressional Districts.
· Participate in all program conference calls and trainings, as
scheduled and appropriate.
· Strengthen the relationship between USAction and its affiliate and
USAEF and its partner organization in each assigned state.
· Communicate weekly and, in some cases, daily with state partners.
· Act as the point person with state partners on all organizational
issues, including contract compliance, financial matters and disputes.
· Participate in regular Field Directors’ briefing call and attend
regular field staff meetings, issue briefings and trainings as scheduled.
· Travel to each state, as appropriate.
· Minimum five to eight years of multi-issue and elections organizing
experience with nonprofit, advocacy or political organizations.
· Well-developed communication skills, including excellent writing
ability and interpersonal skills. Must be creative and able to develop
· Experience working with state-based advocacy and political organizations.
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and
Power Point experience necessary.
· Commitment to social change.
· Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
· Available for occasional travel.
Salary & Benefits: Salary based on experience. Benefits include full
health and dental insurance, excellent leave policy, and pension plan.
Application Deadline: June 9, 2006. Applications will be reviewed on an
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, three professional
references and one relevant writing sample (no more than three pages) to
Field Director Search Attn: Cassandra McKee, 1825 K St. NW, Suite 210,
Washington, DC 20006 or cmckee at usaction.org. No phone calls, please.
Only complete applications will be considered.
USAction and USAction Education Fund are equal opportunity employers. It
is our policy to not discriminate against any individual for any reason
including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, ethnic background,
gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, or persons with
disabilities. We work hard to recruit, retain, and identify leadership
positions for staff members who represent these communities and/or who
are from low-income backgrounds.
USAction/USAction Education Fund
1825 K Street NW, Suite 210
Washington, DC 20006
Phone: (202) 263-4526
Fax: (202) 263-4530
cmckee at usaction.org
USAction Education Fund has been selected for Working Assets' 2006
Ballot! Voting is easy. Simply go to http://www.WorkingAssets.com/vote.
If you’re not a Working Assets member, join today by going to
http://www.WorkingAssets.com. Thanks for participating!
More information about the Colist