job: bilingual coordinator
colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Fri May 26 11:12:02 CDT 2006
[ed: this job post includes salary info.]
From: "Sulema Middleton" <SMiddleton at MHPartners.org>
Please feel free to share this position opening with any partners or
colleagues who may be interested, including mailing lists and e-bulletins.
Sulema Middleton Stewart
Director of Community Life
Montgomery Housing Partnership, Inc.
Bilingual Individual Development Account Coordinator
Montgomery Housing Partnership
Job Description: The bilingual Individual Development Account (IDA)
Coordinator is responsible for all duties associated with administering
and expanding MHP’s IDA savings and economic literacy education program
for low-to-moderate income first-time homebuyers. Under the supervision
of the Director of Community Life, the IDA Coordinator works closely
with the Community Life team.
Salary range DOE: $27,000-35,000 plus health/dental/vision benefits and
pretax medical flexible spending account, 403(b) retirement savings plan
with employer contribution, and generous sick/personal/vacation/holiday
* Maintain and improve the daily operations of MHP’s IDA Program and
economic literacy courses. Meet or exceed program goals and outcomes.
* Cultivate relationships with key partners: credit counseling agencies,
financial institutions, funders, etc.
* Coordinate logistics for all IDA Program/economic literacy sessions,
classes, and follow-up sessions, including: scheduling, guest speakers,
facilities, materials, marketing, confirmations, tracking, evaluation,
* Provide one-on-one casework and housing/financial counseling with
current and prospective class participants and IDA accountholders.
Provide help with classroom homework/missed sessions.
* Assist participants in opening savings accounts and meeting their
monthly savings goals. Develop strategies to motivate and encourage
participants to save regularly.
* Coordinate and maintain all record keeping and financial tracking for
the IDA accountholders using MIS-IDA software and in-house files.
Process ongoing client statements on schedule.
* Facilitate the purchase of each participant’s home by working with
real estate agents, lenders, settlement companies, etc. and follow a
system for the dispersing of match funds, including processing and
* Conduct regular outreach and program promotion, including: letters,
flyers, media coverage, phone calls, correspondence, etc.
* Complete all required outcome measurement, funding, and other reports
accurately and on time. Provide Director of Community Life with program
materials, status, and outcomes as requested.
* Participate in fundraising activities for both matched savings and
administrative program costs.
* Maintain and improve a policy and procedure manual for the IDA Program.
* Assist in overall mission of Montgomery Housing Partnership by working
in a team environment to provide support to all Community Life programs
and effectively complete other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
* Minimum of a four year Bachelor’s degree
* Three or more years of experience working directly with people of
diverse backgrounds and implementing community-based programs
* Must be bilingual Spanish/English (no exceptions)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong computer skills in word processing, management information
systems, spreadsheets and databases
* Highly motivated individual with the ability to exercise initiative
* Ability to work closely with a tightly-knit team in a fun and
culturally diverse setting
* Must be flexible to work one to two evenings per week and some weekends
* Must have own transportation
Position available immediately; open until filled. Email or fax: 1)
cover letter, 2) resume, 3) one-page summary of your financial education
and empowerment philosophy, and 4) three professional references to
smiddleton at mhpartners.org or 301-946-0982. Candidates qualifying for an
interview will be contacted by telephone. Equal opportunity employer;
all interested parties are encouraged to apply.
More information about the Colist