Americorps position, Maine

colist at comm-org.wisc.edu colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 20 20:40:11 CDT 2006

From: Anais Tomezsko <donaanais at yahoo.com>

Americorps Position available for Mano en Mano / Hand
in Hand, Milbridge, Maine.

Mano en Mano's mission is to “ build a strong and
diverse community by serving the Latino population in
the areas of education, health, and social advocacy.”
Mano en Mano’s programs include an After School
Program for local Latino students, a health education
workshop series, and Spanish language and cultural
competency classes for local area businesses and
organizations, We serve as the local contact for Maine
Migrant Health Program to provide agricultural workers
with access to health/dental care. We also provide
information and referrals to Latino workers looking
for social services, educational opportunities, legal
aid, and health care.

Americorps Member Duties:
As an AmeriCorps member at Mano en Mano, you will have
the opportunity to work hands on in our After School
Program with Latino youth between grades 1 and 6 and
to recruit and help train potential volunteers while
creating a volunteer management system. These
activities will culminate with you leading a volunteer
youth service project in the larger community. In
addition, you will be participating in other aspects
of running a small non-profit, and there will be
opportunities for professional development in the
areas that most interest you.

Skill Requirement(s):
Computers, Education, Outreach, Recruitment,
Teaching/Tutoring, Youth Development
Education Requirement:
Bachelor Degree
Language Requirement:
Spanish

Program Benefits:
Childcare assistance if eligible, Education award upon
successful completion of service, Health Coverage,
Living Allowance, Training

Position starts 10/1/2006 - 8/30/2007

To apply for this position please go to the National
Americorps website at:
https://recruit.cns.gov/searchDetails.asplistingid='00ASFME0200501-2'&
or use the following keywords on the National
Americorp Website to locate our announcement -" Youth,
CRC, Volunteer, ESL, Latino."

If you can not access the internet site you may also
send a Cover Letter and Resume to Sarah Brady
(207) 775-5891
sarah.brady at trcme.com