query: community-based asthma control

colist at comm-org.wisc.edu colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sat Oct 8 08:18:02 CDT 2005

[ed:  thanks to Allison and Neenah  for replying to Holly's query.]

From: "Tyndall, Allison" <ATYNDALL at depaul.edu>

Holly,

I encourage you to look into the work of the Asthma Center at the
University of Chicago.

Allison Tyndall
DePaul University

************************

From: neenah at starluna.net

Holly,

You may want to consider getting in touch with Family Services, Inc. in
Lawrence.  They do quite a bit of community and in-home education relating
to asthma.  Also, the Latino Health Institute (which I think is also
based in
Lawrence) may have some leads for you.

Another thing you might consider is contacting community health centers in
areas that have high asthma rates.  I would recommend East Boston
Neighborhood Health Center, Dimock Community Health Center, and
Fenway Community Health Center (although there are undoubtedly more
health centers that you could contact).

Also, the Center for Community Health Education, Research and Service
here at Northeastern University may also be able to point you to some
sources.

Good luck in your work.

Neenah Estrella-Luna

You see things and ask, "Why?" But I dream things that never were and
ask, "Why not?"
-George Bernard Shaw