Informing Redevelopment After Hurricane Katrina

colist at comm-org.wisc.edu colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 5 10:55:19 CDT 2005

[ed:  this contribution from Rick is part of an exchange between the two
of us, so I am passing on the relevant parts of the discussion.]

From:  rcohen5 at att.net

Saw the COMM-ORG note on Katrina redevelopment and thought you might
find some of the NCRP materials on Katrina of some use, especially the
AR-092005-NCRP.htm  which is a piece I wrote for Nonprofit Quarterly
with strong elements about redevelopment and rebuilding.

For the "Demons of History" piece, I think it's
www.nonprofitquarterly.org/section/747.html
<http://www.nonprofitquarterly.org/section/747.html>

For the watchdog piece, it's both
www.nonprofitquarterly.org/section/752.html
<http://www.nonprofitquarterly.org/section/752.html> and
http://www.ncrp.org/AR-092005-NCRP.asp

For the piece on the Grassley/Baucus tax relief bill, it's
www.ncrp.org/AR-091505-NCRP.asp <http://www.ncrp.org/AR-091505-NCRP.asp>

There's a link to the "seduced" article at
www.philanthropyjournal.org/page15214.cfm
<http://www.philanthropyjournal.org/page15214.cfm>

And we just (September 29th) issued probably our last comment for the
moment, "How the nonprofit sector should respond to the reconstruction
challenge of the Gulf Coast" at http://www.ncrp.org/RC-092905-NCRP.asp

Rick Cohen, Executive Director
National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy
2001 S Street NW, Suite 620
Washington DC 20009
202-387-9177, ext. 13
202-332-5084 (fax)