job: fundraiser, Massachusetts

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Tue May 10 15:51:53 CDT 2005

[ed:  this job post includes salary info.]

From: Tony Mack <N2nma at aol.com>

JOB ANNOUNCEMENT:  Fundraiser for Grassroots Political Organization

ABOUT NEIGHBOR TO NEIGHBOR MASSACHUSETTS

N2N-MA builds political power in low-income communities around economic
justice issues.  Our organizing model includes voter registration and
education, electoral campaigns, public policy advocacy, coalition
building, and the development of sustainable grassroots leadership.  The
Working Family Agenda – good jobs, education and training, affordable
child care, health care and housing, and a welfare safety net – is the
cornerstone of our program.  By bringing low-income people back into the
political process, we hold politicians accountable to the needs of their
constituents and are building a progressive majority in Massachusetts.
For more information about us, visit our website at www.n2nma.org

ABOUT THE POSITION

N2N-MA places a strong emphasis on face-to-face fundraising from
individuals, foundations and labor unions.  All staff are responsible
for spending 10% of their time fundraising.  We’re hiring a Fundraiser
to work under the supervision of our Development Director.
Specifically, the position involves:

·        Identifying and developing new donors

·        Networking with our current donor base to identify new prospects

·        Maintaining and upgrading existing donors

·        Prospecting new foundations, contacting foundation officers,
and writing proposals

·        Organizing our end-of-year fundraising event and other major
donor events statewide

·        Assisting organizers with local house parties

QUALIFICATIONS

We are seeking an outgoing, passionate, creative people-person who is
fearless in the face of rejection.  Other qualifications:

·        Strong commitment to grassroots organizing, social change, and
economic justice

·        Fundraising experience with both individual donors and foundations

·        Experience with planning events, local house parties, site
visits, and personal 1-to-1 donor visits

·        Successful track record identifying and cultivating new donors

·        Excellent writer and articulate public speaker

·        Strong administrative and computer skills

·        Organized, efficient, and self-motivated

·        Ability to work collectively with other staff and a diverse
statewide volunteer group

·        Access to a car when needed (mileage reimbursed at 35 cents/mile)

·        Spanish language skills a plus

SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary range – mid-high $30s DOE.  Benefits include
full health insurance coverage, pension plan, flexible spending account,
11 paid holidays, and three weeks paid vacation.

TO APPLY:  Send cover letter and resume to the Development Director,
N2N-MA, 8 Beacon Street, 4th Floor, Boston, MA 02108, or email –
n2nma at n2nma.org.  No faxes please.

* People of color are strongly encouraged to apply *