Community-Campus Partnerships for Health is recruiting new board members, May 9 deadline

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Thu May 5 16:13:07 CDT 2005

From: Sarena Seifer <sarena at u.washington.edu>

Dear colleagues,

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health is recruiting new board members
who will begin three-year terms in September 2005. Applications are due
Monday May 9, 2005.  The information below is also available online at
http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/boardrecruit2.html

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health promotes health through
partnerships between communities and higher educational institutions. We
are searching for individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, with a
broad range of experience and expertise, a passion for community-campus
partnerships, ties to multiple networks and organizations, and the time
and ability to contribute to a working board.

We are especially interested in receiving applications from:
*Students in undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate programs
*Individuals from community-based and faith-based settings
*Individuals with experience and expertise in community and economic
development
*Individuals with experience and expertise in fundraising
*Individuals with experience and expertise in policy analysis,
development and/or advocacy

The CCPH board has adopted the policy governance model. We encourage you
to read our policies and past board meeting minutes as you consider your
interest in serving on the board and your ability to meet the
expectations of board members.  For more information, please visit these
websites:
http://www.policygovernance.com/model.htm
http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/board.html

CCPH board members commit not only to actively participating in 2 board
meetings per year, but to also attending CCPH's annual conference and
contributing regularly throughout the year through conference calls and
other activities. Serving on the board involves hard work, but it can
also be extremely rewarding and a lot of fun!

Board members are expected to be members of CCPH and to make an annual
donation to the organization in an amount of their choosing. We do not
require board members to pay for their travel to board meetings, as we
do not want financial considerations to inhibit anyone from serving on
our board. However, we do ask that board members consider having their
employer or school pay for some or all of their expenses if their board
involvement is compatible with their professional responsibilities or
degree program. As a result, many board members contribute to their
expenses, including student members who have received support from their
schools.

Our board composition reflects the diverse constituencies we serve,
including community leaders, academic administrators, nonprofit agency
leaders, faculty members and students. Some are directly involved in
health care or health professions education, and some are not. Board
members are not chosen for nor are they expected to represent a
particular category or constituency, but rather to bring a broad
perspective to the board's deliberations. The CCPH website includes
brief biographies of current board members at
http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/boardmembers.html

We have created an application process to select new board members. Our
aim is to find board members whose goals and philosophy align with those
of CCPH, to fulfill the needs and interests of individual board members,
and those of our organization. The application process is intended to
help us understand your background, skills and contacts and what you
would like to contribute and gain as a board member. It also helps us in
making suggestions of other meaningful ways you might consider becoming
involved in CCPH should you not be offered a board position at this time.

CCPH's Board Recruitment Committee will review all applications. A
select group of applicants will be interviewed by phone in June 2005.
The committee will then recommend specific candidates to the full board
for their consideration. Letters of invitation to serve on the board
will be mailed in July 2005.

In the event you are offered a board position, please mark the dates and
locations of the next scheduled board meetings on your calendar now.
Prospective applicants who have unavoidable conflicts on these dates are
respectfully asked not to apply for a board position at this time:

September 22-24, 2005 in Toronto
May 30-31, 2006 in Minneapolis

If you have any questions about any aspect of the board or CCPH, please
contact CCPH executive director Sarena Seifer at sarena at u.washington.edu
or 206-616-4305, or CCPH board chair Renee Bayer at rbayer at umich.edu or
734-936-0932.   We look forward to reviewing your application.

Sincerely,

Members of the CCPH Board Recruitment Committee:

Board Application Process

To apply for the CCPH board, please send us the following information no
later than Monday May 9, 2005:

A. Current resume or curriculum vitae

B. A cover letter that answers these three questions:

1. Why do you want to serve on the CCPH board of directors?
2. What strengths, skills and experience would you bring to the CCPH board?
3. What experience do you have with community-campus partnerships and/or
Community-Campus Partnerships for Health?

C. A one-page sheet that includes the following information:

1. Your complete contact information (please include all items that
apply to you):

Name
Title
Organization
Mailing Address
Phone
Fax
Email
Website

If you are a student: indicate whether undergraduate, graduate or
post-graduate; full-time or part-time; degree/program; and expected
month/year of graduation/completion

2. Your primary affiliation (please list one):

Community-based organization
Faith-based organization
Government
Higher educational institution
Hospital or health system
Philanthropy
Professional association
Other (please specify)

3. Your areas of experience or expertise (please list all that apply):

Advocacy
Community and economic development
Community organizing
Fundraising
Policy analysis and/or policy development
Other (please specify)

D. The names, affiliations and phone numbers of two references we can
call who can speak to the strengths, skills and knowledge you would
bring to the CCPH board.

Please return your completed application by mail, fax or email to:

Annika Robbins
Administrative Director
Community-Campus Partnerships for Health
UW Box 354809
Seattle, WA 98195-4809
(For express mail:
1107 NE 45th Street, Suite 345
Seattle, WA 98105)
Tel. 206-616-3472
Fax. 206-685-6747
Email: annikalr at u.washington.edu

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health is a nonprofit organization
that promotes health through partnerships between communities and
higher educational institutions.  Become a member today at www.ccph.info

CCPH is the Higher Education Senior Program Advisor for the Learn and
Serve America National Service-Learning Clearinghouse.  Visit the
Clearinghouse at www.servicelearning.org

Join CCPH for our 9th Conference, May 31-June 3, 2006 in Minneapolis, MN