Five-day Organizing Training Sessions

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Thu May 5 16:11:31 CDT 2005

From: Midwestacademy5 at aol.com

2005 Five-day Organizing  Training Sessions

The Midwest Academy is a national training institute for  progressive
direct
action organizing.  Our five-day training session in the  skills of direct
action organizing brings together a variety of staff and  leaders from
across the
country.  Sessions include Understanding Power,  Choosing Issues,
Developing
an Effective Strategy, Building Coalitions,  Recruiting Leadership,
Using the
Media, Organizing Actions and Accountability  Sessions, and other skills.
Participants will leave with specific new  skills and tools to win concrete
victories and build powerful progressive  organizations.  The schedule
is below.
An annotated agenda appears on  our web site, _www.midwestacademy.com_
(http://www.midwestacademy.com/) .
In addition to the five-day  session, we provide on-site training and
consultation to staff and leaders of  organizations from the
neighborhood to the
national level, tailored to an  organization's particular needs.
Organizations we
have worked with over  the past year include the American Cancer Society,
USAction, the Brady Campaign  united with the Million Mom March, the
Smokeless
States Project, the US Student  Association, GLSTEN, Illinois ARA, the
Indiana
Latino Institute, the National  Assembly for School Based Health Care, the
National Education Association and  numerous others.  Our trainers have
decades of
experience working with  progressive organizations to design effective
issue
campaigns and build powerful  organizations.

2005 Training Schedule
June   20 - 24      California  - Bay  Area
Oct     17 -  21      Chicago
Nov     14 - 18      Washington, DC  area

For  specific locations and costs, and to register, go to our website at
_www.midwestacademy.com_ (http://www.midwestacademy.com/) .

For  more information, contact the Midwest Academy at _mwacademy1 at aol.com_
(mailto:mwacademy1 at aol.com) , or call Shelby Pera at  312-427-2304.
We are in  the process of cleaning up our mailing list, so if we have you
addressed wrong,  or you wish to be added to our list, please email us at
_mwacademy1 at aol.com_ (mailto:mwacademy1 at aol.com)