New COMM-ORG paper: Partnerships Between Community Organizing and Policy Advocates

colist at comm-org.wisc.edu colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sat Dec 31 10:58:18 CST 2005

Hi COMM-ORG,

I am very pleased to announce the availability of:

     Partnerships Between Community Organizing and Policy Advocates:
     Some Observations and Thoughts for the Woods Fund and Its Grantees

	by Sokoni Karanja & Sandy O'Donnell,

We have not discussed the distinctions between organizing and advocacy as much as I think we should have on COMM-ORG.  This paper invites us to engage that discussion, with recommendations for both organizers and advocates.

You can find Sokoni and Sandy's work at the COMM-ORG "Papers" page, in the 2005 section:

http://comm-org.wisc.edu/papers.htm

I hope that this work inspires some discussion.  Authors contribute writing to COMM-ORG in the hopes of getting comments, so please feel welcomed to contact Sokoni and Sandy directly, or discuss their work through the list.

Thanks so much to Sokoni and Sandy for contributing their work.

Randy Stoecker
moderator/editor, COMM-ORG
rstoecker at wisc.edu