New COMM-ORG paper: A Collective Recruitment Plan is Needed for Community Organizers

colist at comm-org.wisc.edu colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sat Dec 10 17:43:36 CST 2005

Hi COMM-ORG,

I am very pleased to announce the availability of:

 "A Collective Recruitment Plan is Needed for Community Organizers"

	by Joe Szakos

Having worked with both national organizing networks and local community organizing groups, I know how difficult it is to recruit organizers for this vey difficult work.  Joe's paper takes on this difficult issue, exploring both the problem of organizer recruitment and some options for confronting it.

You can find Joe's work at the COMM-ORG "Papers" page, in the 2005 section:

http://comm-org.wisc.edu/papers.htm

I hope that this work inspires some discussion.  Authors contribute
writing to COMM-ORG in the hopes of getting comments, so please feel
welcomed to contact Joe directly, or discuss his work through the list.

Thanks so much to Joe for contributing this work.

Randy Stoecker
moderator/editor, COMM-ORG