query: foundations in community development

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Mon Nov 29 07:46:38 CST 2004

[ed:  thanks to David and Mary for replying to James' query.]

From: "David Chavis" <dchavis at capablecommunity.com>

Even more direct is the Neighborhood Funders Group, an affinity group
for foundations involved in primarily urban community development.
www.nfg.org. They don't release their membership list. To get a listing
you'll need to do research at the Foundation Center www.fdncenter.org or
Guidestar www.guidestar.org, especially if you are looking for contacts
for funding. NFG offers conferences for funders and reports.

David

*********************
David M. Chavis
Association for the Study and Development of Community
312 South Frederick Ave.
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
301-519-0722 ext. 109 (voice)
301-519-0724 (fax)
www.capablecommunity.com

From: Mary Dailey <mary.dailey at nwbccc.net>

Perhaps those interested in this topic should contact
the NATIONAL COMMITTEE FOR RESPONSIVE PHILANTHROPY.
Their website is: http://www.ncrp.org/