query: foundations in community development

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed Nov 24 09:20:19 CST 2004

[ed:  please feel welcomed to copy COMM-ORG with responses to James'
query.  A bit from me below.]

From: James_DeFilippis at baruch.cuny.edu

Hi Randy,

I'm looking for a good general discussion on the role of foundations in
community development.  I've seen some good work on community foundations,
but was looking for a more general piece, which would include community
foundations, but not be limited to them.  If anybody knows of any, then I'd
greatly appreciate a reference.

Thanks, James

James DeFilippis
Department of Black and Hispanic Studies
Baruch College, CUNY
New York, NY 10010
646-312-4447

[ed:  there are a couple things in the COMM-ORG papers collection that
may be of use:   Carl Tjerandsen, Education for Citizenship:  A
Foundation's Experience; Robert O. Bothwell, Foundation Funding of
Grassroots Organizations.]