job: research associate

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed Mar 31 08:18:35 CST 2004

From: James_DeFilippis at baruch.cuny.edu

----- Forwarded by James DeFilippis/academic/baruch on 03/30/2004
09:56 AM
-----

                      "Annette
                      Bernhardt"               To:       "Annette
Bernhardt"
<annette.bernhardt at nyu.edu>
                      <annette.bernhard        cc:
                      t at nyu.edu>               Subject:  Reminder:  Great
job opportunity at the Brennan Center

                      03/26/2004 06:05
                      PM

Greetings,

A quick note that we currently have a great job opening here at the
Brennan
Center (details below).

It's a wonderful opportunity for students interested in economic justice
issues and who want to work with immigrants rights groups and
communities of color.  We are beginning our selection process soon, so
applications should be submitted within the next several weeks.

Many thanks, and have a great weekend!
Annette

Research Associate - Economic Justice Project

Background

Launched in 1999, the Economic Justice Project works to promote the
creation of good jobs that are open to everyone in our society ?
especially immigrants, women, and people of color. Our work is driven
by the concrete needs of community organizations, immigrant groups,
progressive unions, and legislative leaders. We assist our allies by
conducting research, developing reform models, disseminating our
findings broadly, and providing legal and policy support for concrete
initiatives on the ground.

The Position

The Research Associate works with senior staff to support local
community groups in their economic justice campaigns. Examples of
current projects in New York City include documenting the problem of
bad jobs in the retail industry, and assisting legislative campaigns to
expand access to employer-provided health insurance. The Research
Associate will also work on a major comparative research project to
document the growth of workplace violations in New York City and
Chicago, helping to conduct interviews with employers and workers in a
host of industries.