query: community center transportation

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Fri Mar 19 12:48:12 CST 2004

[ed:  those of you with organizational insurance, budgeting and
transportation expertise may be able to help with this query.]

From: laura wade <laura_towar at yahoo.com>

I am working to develop community partnerships for three community
centers in northern Virginia that provide services for low-income
seniors, adults and youth.  Transporting young people to events and
programs is a chronic problem in that we have no vans.  I am hoping to
secure low or no-cost transportation for them, and would appreciate
suggestions and past experience from others.  I suspect that securing a
partnership with a leasing agent might be a better route rather than
outright ownership of vehicles.  Please feel free to email me directly if
you prefer, I am open to all ideas.

Laura Towar Wade
Partnership Coordinator
Wesley Housing Develop Corp.