job: youth organizer, Wichita

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Tue Jul 27 20:25:31 CDT 2004

From:  Jake Lowen <jake at hopestreet.com>

Hope Street Youth Development is one of the premier youth organizing groups
in the Midwest. Our youth have received significant local, regional, and
national attention for our organizing campaign wins on neighborhood crime
and safety issues, shutting down crackhouses, fighting for summer jobs,
battling corrupt cops, combating racially disparate school suspension rates,
and modifying destructive school discipline policies. Hope Street Youth
Development has been on the forefront of youth-led activism in Wichita. We
are currently seeking energetic and committed candidates for the position of
youth organizer. The youth organizer will oversee organizing campaigns taken
on by Hope Street Youth Development and its school based Students United
chapters. The organizer will also work on National issues with other
organizations across the country.

For more information or to apply please visit www.hopestreet.com