query: Community Organizing, CDCs

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed Jul 21 17:03:16 CDT 2004

[ed:  Peter forward's Andrew's query (at the bottom of this message)
with permission.  please feel welcomed to copy COMM-ORG with your
replies.

From:           	"Peter Dreier" <dreier at oxy.edu>

Colleagues,

Andrew Crespo, a Harvard undergraduate and a student of Marshall
Ganz, emailed me awhile ago, seeking sources for his senior
thesis about CDCs, community organizing, and inter-racial
cooperation. (See his initial email at the end of this message).
I sent him the email below, and suggested he join the CommOrg
listserve to ask for additional info. But I thought it might be
helpful if I circulated my response to him and asked others to
respond to him with other suggestions. I know I left out a lot of
good sources that I didn't have the time to identify.

Peter Dreier
Peter Dreier
E.P. Clapp Distinguished Professor of Politics
Director, Urban & Environmental Policy Program
Occidental College
1600 Campus Road
Los Angeles, CA 90041
Phone: (323) 259-2913