call for papers: neighborhood threats

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Thu Jan 29 18:57:35 CST 2004

[ed:  please respond to this call by contacting James at the e-mail
address below.]

From: jrt at riseup.net

NEIGHBORHOOD THREATS:
Exclusion, Displacement and Resistance

Call for submissions!

Neighborhood Threats: Exclusion, Displacement and Resistance will be
an anthology of writing chronicling the on-going fights against
gentrification and world wide displacement.  We are inviting
submissions of top-quality writing on the subject, due no later than
March 1, 2004.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

1) This book is designed as a tool for communities and organizers. Be
accessible in your writing style.  If one needs three college degrees to
decipher your writing, we won’t accept it.

2)   Illustrate larger political issues through stories of everyday people
	and how they react/organize to the threat of displacement.

3) Deal honestly with class, race and gender issues.

4) Be partisan. Have a point-of-view.

5) Draw lessons that others can benefit from.

The book will be roughly divided into the following sections 1) How
gentrification happens 2) Case-studies of organizing against
displacement 3) Alternative visions of the city.

Don’t even think about submitting anything after the deadline,

Submit via-email to James Tracy <right2aroof at riseup.net>