query: service learning for businesses

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sun Jan 25 09:10:17 CST 2004

[ed:  those of you working in economic development may be able to
help with this query.]

From: "Ann Roberts" <aroberts at bus.ucf.edu>

I am looking for information to support the idea that service learning for
business students can be with for-profit organizations.  An example
might be with Small Business Development Centers or start-up
businesses. The business students would promote economic
development/growth through their work with small/ start-up businesses.
Any ideas where I can find this type of information?

Thanks for your help.

Ann Roberts
MBA Internship Coordinator
Business Graduate Programs
College of Business Administration
PO Box 161400
Orlando, FL 32816-1400
Voice : 407-823-1118 Fax : 407-823-0495
aroberts at bus.ucf.edu
www.bus.ucf.edu/internships

University of Central Florida
"From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years"