query: mentoring organizers

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Mon Jan 19 19:37:26 CST 2004

[ed:  Richard also expresses interest in Steve's query.  Others?]

From: Richard L Wood <rlwood at unm.edu>

All: As somebody who writes about organizing, not a practitioner, I think
this is a really important inquiry: the "oral culture" of organizing varies
widely in the best approaches to mentoring, and little's been written
about it. It'd be interesting to hear folks' views, maybe have someone
do some research with experienced lead organizers and write up some
of the varying practices and ideas in the field. A thought, anyway.

Rich Wood