query: family and community organizing

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed Jan 14 21:51:58 CST 2004

[ed:  thanks to Natasha for replying to Kay's query.]

From: Natasha Freidus <tasha at creativenarrations.net>

Close to Home, based in Dorchester, MA, organizes around family
violence on a neighborhood basis.  They look at the intersection of
community development and family violence, "...providing resources
and training for communities' informal social and kinship networks--
family members, friends and neighbors -- so they can deal with
domestic violence and begin changing social norms to prevent it."

check them out at:
http://www.changemakers.net/journal/03september/herbst.cfm

Natasha Freidus
Creative Narrations