query: family and community organizing

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Mon Jan 12 11:19:02 CST 2004

[ed:  thanks to Gillian for responding to Kay's query.]

From: Gilkaye at aol.com

The Intstitute for Community Peace (formerly the National Funding
Collaborative on Violence Prevention) has funded and supported eight
collaboratives throughout the country who have worked on a wide
variety of violence prevention issues over the past seven years.  At
least two the collaboratives have focused on domestice violence and
family violence prevention.  These are community driven collaboratives
who have a good mix of service providers and grassroots folks and all
have a city-wide or county-wide focus.  A good mix of urban and rural.
The Institute has done substantial national and local evaluation on all
of these collaboratives over the years and have lots of lessons learned
and information on what these folks have done and how they've done it.

Their website is www.peacebeyondviolence.org.  Hope this is helpful.

Gillian Kaye
Senior Associate
Association for the Study and Development of Community