ECO/EPA 2004 Community Intern Program

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sun Jan 11 19:29:38 CST 2004

From: "Douglas, Doris" <dhd2 at cdc.gov>

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomei-Torres, Francisco A.
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 8:49 AM
Subject: FW: ECO/EPA 2004 Community Intern Program

Dear Project Advisors, Mentor and Friends,

I'm writing to ask you to share information about the ECO/EPA
Community Intern Program with any nonprofit organizations you
think might benefit from this opportunity.  The Office of
Environmental Justice created the Community Intern Program in
2000 to provide student internships with nonprofit organizations
across the country.  Since the program was created, more than 100
students have experienced environmental issues at a grassroots
level through EJ projects including health education; air and
water quality monitoring; urban reforestation; recycling
programs; and other community outreach and advocacy activities.
In 2004, 40 community organizations will be selected to receive a
student intern from ECO.  These interns will receive a $450 per
week stipend, plus $500 for relocation or project travel.

ECO administers the Community Intern Program internships as we do
other internships under our cooperative agreements with EPA.  We
are currently accepting project applications for the summer 2004
program from community organizations across the country.  The
application deadline is January 30, 2004.  We would appreciate
your sharing this information so more worthwhile organizations
know about and can participate in this opportunity.  Community
organizations can apply either by the attached PDF or at our
website, http://www.eco.org/epa/Communityinternprogram/main.html.
 Organizations or students who would like to participate can also
get more information about the program at this website.  FYI: The
Community Intern Program is for local, grassroots, non-profit,
community organizations only.  Tribal and local governments,
colleges, universities, or other educational institutions are not
eligible to apply.

Thanks for helping us spread the word about this important
program.

Sincerely,

Cyah Williams
Internship Program Coordinator