query: family and community organizing

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Thu Jan 8 09:02:59 CST 2004

[ed:  the linkage of family and community organizing is something we
have not discussed much, and probably should.  Please feel welcomed
to copy COMM-ORG with responses to Kay's query.]

From:           	"Kay Hannan" <drkay at elvis.com>

Could anyone direct me to models where communities have
mobilised to address dysfunction in families?

I am looking for models that have addressed/are
addressing factors that impact on family life.. be it
domestic violence, drug, alcohol or gambling abuse,
sexual abuse, child molestation or negligence or any
other factors you know of which may have contributed to
family breakdown.

It is the nature of the model, and its ability to be
tailored to my specific local situation which interests
me.

Many thanks

Kay