job: rural advocacy, Nebraska

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Fri Feb 27 19:13:39 CST 2004

[ed:  this job post includes salary info.]

From:           	"Center for Rural Affairs" <info at cfra.org>

February 25, 2004

Position Description
Senior Leader in Rural Advocacy and Development Organization

The Center for Rural Affairs of Lyons, NE is seeking a person to
devote his/her professional life to building a better future for
rural America.

This position offers the opportunity to work in support of our
highest values - fairness, responsibility, genuine opportunity
for all, stewardship of land and water and widespread ownership
and control of farms and businesses - while living in a rural
community.

The formal title for this position is Program Director.  The
scope of responsibilities may include communications, development
and farm and rural policy reform.  The position is somewhat
flexible and within limits may be defined to fit the strongest
candidate.  The person filling this position will have
supervisory and fundraising responsibilities, join our senior
leadership team and report directly to the Executive Director.

Terms of Employment - We have not decided on the starting salary.
 Currently, we are paying $41,000 for comparable positions with
annual cost of living increases plus periodic increases for
length of employment. However, we are reviewing salary levels and
may raise that prior to making an offer. Excellent employer paid
benefit package including:

·         13 - 19 days vacation per year (depending on years of
service) plus sick leave ·         10 holidays ·          Family
medical and dental insurance plus contributions to Medical
Savings Account. ·          Life and Long-term disability
insurance ·          Retirement plan contributions after two
years employment

Application Procedures - Send your application to Trish Darnell,
Center for Rural Affairs, POB 136, Lyons, NE 68038 or email
trishd at cfra.org including your resume, five references, a writing
sample and a cover letter indicating which position you are
interested in and responding to the following questions:

* Why are you interested in this position and how does it fit in
your long-term plans? * What are the critical issues facing
agricultural communities today? * What are your key strengths? *
What are your greatest accomplishments? * Are there any
conditions you have for accepting this position?

Applications are due March 8 or until the position is filled.