Call for Papers: COMM-ORG papers collection

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sun Feb 22 14:57:03 CST 2004

**please redistribute and apologies for cross-postings**

Call for Papers:

The COMM-ORG Papers Series

    Are you writing a paper on:

        * community organizing?
        * community development?
        * community planning?
        * community-based research?
        * a related area?

COMM-ORG is looking for papers to post on the COMM-ORG Papers
page.  All papers are posted on the COMM-ORG web site (http://comm-
org.utoledo.edu/papers.htm) and announced on the COMM-ORG
listserv, which reaches over 900 people across more than a dozen
nations. We welcome discussion of all papers on the listserv and
encourage our members to also send comments directly to authors.

To submit a paper contact the editor, Randy Stoecker, at
randy at comm-org.utoledo.edu. Please send papers as word processing
or html files (no pdf files please, as they are still not accessible
enough).

Authors retain complete control over their work, and COMM-ORG
supports authors revising their Papers for submission to journals, trade
publications, or anywhere.  Because COMM-ORG is an on-line
"conference," papers presented on COMM-ORG are often published in
journals and other official publications.

COMM-ORG welcomes papers from scholars, organizers, and scholar-
organizers.

We are especially interested in papers on the following and other
topics:

* What works and what doesn't in community organizing, planning, and
development.
* Real-life stories of community organizing and/or development
campaigns.
* The relationships between theories and practices in community
organizing.
* The history of community organizing in a changing structural-historical
context.
* Linkages between community organizing and community
development.
* Linkages between community organizing and planning.
* The roles of religious institutions in community organizing.
* Linkages between community organizing and social movements.
* The roles of gender, race, identity, and ideology in community
organizing.
* Activist-academic collaborations in community organizing.

Thank you,

Randy Stoecker
moderator/editor, COMM-ORG
randy at comm-org.utoledo.edu