antiviolence organizing, Juarez

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Mon Feb 16 08:19:21 CST 2004

[ed:  Kay requests further information.]

From: "Kay Hannan" <drkay at elvis.com>

I am simply amazed that the fathers, brothers, husbands
and others appear to have no effect in this situation.
What are they doing? Is it culturally unacceptable for
them to say or do anything? Perhaps they are
intimidated?? Or is the same sad old tale about females
being nothing but human potential to be used and abused
by those who see fit, and who are in the position to be
able to do as they see fit without retribution??