New COMM-ORG Paper: Evaluating Community Organizing

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sat Feb 14 08:58:52 CST 2004

Hi COMM-ORG,

I am very pleased to announce a new addition to the COMM-ORG
Papers Collection:

Bringing Evaluation to the Grassroots: Insights Gleaned from Studying
the Mobilization for Global Justice.

by

Margo Menconi

As we have recently been discussing the question of how to measure
community organizing outcomes, this paper is timely.  It also explores
alternatives to the usual "external helicopter evaluator" model.

You can find the paper at the COMM-ORG "Papers" page, in the 2004
section:

http://comm-org.utoledo.edu/papers.htm

I hope that the paper inspires some discussion.  Authors contribute
papers to COMM-ORG in the hopes of getting comments, so please
feel welcomed to contact authors directly or discuss their papers
through the list.

Thanks so much to Margo for contributing her work.

Randy Stoecker
moderator/editor, COMM-ORG
randy.stoecker at utoledo.edu